Originally founded in 1863 as the German Reformation Church of Louisville, we are a congregation of growth and change. Our first records show that 14 people were served communion at a service in November of that year. In 1869 we changed our name to the "Reformed Church" and welcomed all who desired to worship. Rooted in the principles of the reformation and its challenge to rethink, remold, and reform our spiritual lives, we changed our name two more times between 1924 and 1957 when we officially became Paradise United Church of Christ.
We have been and still are a congregation committed to the scriptures, dedicated to service, open to the word of God, obedient to the Holy Spirit, and ever striving to be faithful in the imitation of the life of Jesus Christ.
Rev. Dr. David M. Anderson, Jr.
- AA Religion (1993)
- BS Christian Ministries (1995)/ Emmanuel College
- MA Theological Studies (1997)
- ThM Master of Theology (2000)/ Columbia Theological Seminary
- DMin Pastoral Counseling (2017)/ Liberty University
Kids Choir - Thursdays after school
Adult Choir - Thursdays at 7pm
Jr. Joy Ringers -
Joy Ringers (Adult Bell Choir) - Thursdays at 6pm
- Louisville High (1964)
- BA (1968) College of Wooster
- US Navy/ Vietnam War Veteran
- Master’s Degree in Liturgical Organ (1978)
- Has served as Organist for Paradise UCC since 1978.
- Jim has also been involved with the Canton Symphony Chorus for several decades.